Shacklocks Solicitors
You are in: Shacklocks Solicitors |How We Can Help | |

Guardianship of children in Wills

When a relationship breaks down the last thing on your mind may be what will happen to the children in the event of your death as you will be more concerned about the immediate impact of the breakdown. However, when you are in the process of separating it is important to consider not only what will happen in the event of your untimely death but also who will look after the children when you are no longer there to do so.

It may be that you will assume that responsibility for the children will automatically pass to the other parent but for legal reasons that may not be the case. You may consider that someone else would be better placed to care for them. In either case it is important that you consider what will happen and who you would want to act as guardian for any children who may still be minors at the time of your death and record your wishes in a Will.

If you have children and are already separated or in the process of separating please contact our specialists in the field of Wills who will be happy to discuss your requirements and put new arrangements in place for you in the event that the unthinkable happens.

Who do I Contact?

Marcella Kilbane, Associate Solicitor, Family Marcella Kilbane

Associate Solicitor, Family

Tel: 01773 822333

More about Marcella Kilbane...

Ben Stubbins, Partner, Family Ben Stubbins

Partner, Family

Tel: 01773 822333

More about Ben Stubbins...